Hainan has extremely convenient visa-on-arrival and group visa-free policies that make it easy and quick for visitors from around the world to enter Hainan!
The visa on arrival, or landing visa, is perfect for travellers who may not have time to arrange a visa before visiting. All you need is your passport, a passport photo, and your visa fee.
Citizens of countries or regions with diplomatic or trade relations with China are eligible for the landing visa when arriving in Haikou or Sanya. With the landing visa, you can travel to any part of China for up to 30 days total and leave China via any port.
HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE LANDING VISA?
1. Before you travel, call the Hainan Exit-Entry Inspection and Quarantine Bureau hotline to ask about the visa-on-arrival eligibility for your nationality.
Haikou Meilan Airport Visa Office Number: +86-898-65751994
Sanya Phoenix Airport Visa Office Number: +86-898-88289566;
2. After arriving at the airport, go to the visa section and collect your visa (24 hours service);
3. What you need to prepare: your valid passport, one two-inch colour photo without hat (on-site photography service available), visa-on-arrival fee (varies from CNY168 to CNY1,000, cash only);
4. After receiving your visa, you can travel to any part of mainland China, and stay for up to 15 days;
5. You will need to register with the local police station within 24 hours after arriving at each place you stay. If you are in a hotel, the staff will take care of this for you, but if you are camping or staying with a friend or other location, you will need to go to the local police station with your passport to register. This is a legal requirement;
6. Enjoy your stay in Hainan!
If you would like to travel with your friends and family, if you do not want to bother with planning all the details of your trip, just contact a travel agent. They are able to plan all aspects of your visit. The Visa-Free Entry Policy allows you to come any time you want.
Citizens of the following 59 countries:
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States.
It is not necessary to travel in a group, as individual travellers from the above-mentioned countries are now eligible for visa-free entry into Hainan.
Visa-free travellers may stay in Hainan for up to 30 days. If they wish to leave Hainan and travel to other parts of China, they must first apply for a Chinese visa.
HOW CAN I OBTAIN VISA-FREE ENTRY?
1. Plan your trip, then register with a Hainan travel agency.
2. After arriving in Hainan, bring your valid passport to the port of entry. When you pass the immigration inspection, you may enter.
3. A local Hainan travel agency will meet you at the airport and your Hainan experience will begin!
Please note: Each case is decided at the sole discretion of immigration officials, and in some rare cases they may choose not to grant visa-free entry or visa-on-arrival entry. In these cases, the immigration officials are not required to give an explanation for their decision.